Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Almond Joy Cookies


 This is just one of many recipes you can create with a box of brownie mix.

Recipe:

1 box brownie mix (app 4 cups)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 Tbsp water
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup slivered almonds

In a large measuring cup whip together eggs, oil and water.  Pour into bowl with brownie mix and stir until all is moist.  Add coconut and almonds and set in fridge for 30 minutes.  Scoop out with mini ice cream scoop (or spoons) onto cookie sheet.  Cook at 350 for 11 minutes.

Notes:
I sometimes add a few drops of coconut extract to the dry coconut. (I stir them together in a small bowl that I set aside for a few hours before making the cookies.)

Also, I toast the almonds.  Some people like to do this on the stove top in a skillet, but I just put them in the microwave in a shallow glass bowl and heat on high for 60 seconds


This basic recipe (brownie mix, oil, eggs & water) is the perfect start for all kinds of fun combinations.  I will share more of mine in the future but until then, have fun experimenting!


No comments:

Post a Comment