Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Killer Deviled Eggs





The real name of this recipe is Curried Deviled Eggs but I wanted all of you afraid of  the word "curry" to give me a chance before discounting.  There is a spicy sweetness to curry powder that brings out the best in a deviled egg. Next time you make this or any recipe, put a pinch in the yolk mix.  I bet you put two pinches in the next time!

Note: Curry Powder is a blend of spices and the recipes for the blend are as varied and contested as the best recipe for Potato Salad in the South!  If you find you like using the store bought variety, check out the Internet for other blends to try.  Mom used to make up her own which is much better (but I have lost her recipe!)

6 hard boiled eggs (see previous blog on egg salad for great egg boiling technique) peeled, cut in half and yolks removed.

Blend with yolk:
2-3 Tbsp of mayo
1-2 tsp Wickles pickle relish (or any sweet relish)
1/4 tsp curry powder
pinch of salt


I don't ever measure out my recipe.  I just add stuff until it is creamy and spicy enough for my taste.

If you want to take these on a picnic, place the egg whites in a plastic container and spoon your yolk mix into a zip-lock baggie.  When you get to where you are going, snip off a small corner of the baggie and squeeze. It is an easy way to fill the eggs and you don't have to worry about messing them up in transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment